Remote Sensing and Geospatial Analyst
Home or Office based (frequent travel will be required to Sywell Aerodrome and we are open to flexible/hybrid work arrangements)
2Excel Aviation Ltd is the industry leader in specialised and innovative solutions for aviation’s most complex challenges. Our success is based on the talented and experienced people that make up our workforce.
Our Geo department solves problems using advanced remote sensing techniques. We own and operate an airborne suite consisting of survey grade cameras and hyperspectral sensors; this is supported by a range of highly specialised ground-based sensors. We process, integrate, and analyse this data with a range of other imaging and non-imaging sources to deliver solutions.
We are unique in our ability to rapidly collect and process high quality hyperspectral imagery. This generates unique commercial and technical propositions, particularly when integrated with other remote sensing datasets such as optical and LiDAR from a range of platforms.
We now have two new opportunities for Remote Sensing and Geospatial Analysts to join our team on a permanent basis. These entry-level posts would suit recent graduates or those looking for a career side- step but we welcome applicants from all experience levels.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience with GIS software and methods, e.g., QGIS, and proficiency with standard geospatial vector/raster formats.
- Knowledge of the importance of Coordinate Reference Systems.
- Experience with remote sensing and image processing.
- Ability to work to deadlines (time management) in the provision of mapping services.
- Attention to detail in the provision of mapping services.
- Ability to perform tasks and achieve results with a high degree of accuracy and precision.
- Team-oriented, possess a positive attitude and work well both independently and with others.
- Be enthusiastic and willing to learn.
- Ability to work in an organized, logical manner and to follow a prescribed process.
- Undergraduate degree or relevant experience with relevant technical content, i.e., remote sensing, geomatics, GIS, photogrammetry, image processing, surveying, etc.
- Other degree subjects with strong mathematical/scientific content will also be considered, i.e., engineering, mathematics, physics, computer science, etc.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Experience with photogrammetry software e.g., Correlator3D, Pix4D
- Experience with Object-Based Image Analysis
- Passion about and relevant experience in environmental sector or projects, specifically vegetation (including forestry, invasive species), habitat, geology, etc
- Enthusiasm for aviation and aerial survey
- Field survey experience including GIS mapping
- Master’s degree in a relevant subject would be desirable but is not essential
Applicants must be able to demonstrate the Right to Work in the UK and hold a valid UK Driving Licence.
In return, we can offer you a competitive salary, generous holiday allowance, private health care and a company pension. In addition, you will become an Employee Owner as part of our Employee Ownership Trust (EOT).
For more information, please contact Rachel Barron, Recruitment & HR Coordinator on 01256 825126. Applications by way of CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.orgExcel is committed to promoting equitable treatment, encouraging diversity and embracing inclusion in our recruitment processes and among our workforce. We are proud to be recognised as a Disability Committed Employer.
© 2Excel Geo 2020. All rights reserved.